We just recently hosted the twins Mexican Fiesta Graduation Open House. One of the dishes that we served was a Mexican Pasta Salad. This is an easy (my favorite kind), hearty and contains no Mayonaise. It was a hit!
Here’s how you make it:
- 1 box of pasta
- 1 can of black beans, drained
- 1 can of corn, drained
- 1 jalapeno peppers, dice and remove seeds
- 1/2 red pepper diced
- 1 tomato diced
- 1/2 cup of red onion diced
- 1/3 cup of fresh cilantro
- 3/4 cup of Queso Fresco ( Mexican Cheese)
- 1 bottle of French dressing
- 1/2 t. cumin or to taste
- Boil pasta and drain. Place cooked pasta in bowl.
- Add the corn, beans, peppers, tomatoes, onions, cilantro and stir.
- Pour half of the bottle of French dressing in a bowl and add 1/2 t. of cumin to taste. Stir well. Pour over the salad. I don't like tons of dressing so change to meet your needs.
- Add cheese to salad saving a little bit for garnishing. Stir well.
- Sprinkle cheese to the top of the salad.
- Chill and then serve.
Note: It is best made a day ahead so the flavors can meld together. You could also add seasoned ground beef and make it even more hearty.
Check out these 20 Main Dish Summer Salads. Lots of yummy goodness here:
And you might love these 20 Sheet Pan Dinners which are so convenient to make: