The other day I was trying to come up with supper and I asked my son what he wanted for dinner. He wanted pasta. Most of us are sick of the normal pasta, so I decided to try my hand at a favorite dish from Noodles & Company- Copycat Japanese Pan noodles.
I used ingredients that I had on hand so they aren’t “exactly” the same but feel free to adapt to your favorite veggies. The only thing my family would’ve liked is some chicken in it. The longest part of cooking this was boiling the noodles. SCORE!
- 1 lb. fettuccine noodles, cooked
- 5-6 drops, sesame oil
- 4 Tbs. teriyaki sauce
- 4 Tbs. rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbs. fresh ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. red chili flakes
- 1 C. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can of sliced water chestnuts
- 1 can of baby corn
- 1/2 C. julienne carrots
- 1 C. cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/2 C. chopped green onions
- 1 C. beansprouts
- Heat oil in a large wok over medium-high heat. Add the carrots, mushrooms, baby corn & water chestnuts. Stir fry 2-3 minutes.
- Add the ginger & garlic.
- Let cook for a minute, add your cooked, drained noodles and let caramelize.
- Add the red chili flakes, sesame oil, teriyaki sauce and rice wine vinegar.
- Add the bean sprouts and cilantro and toss to coat well. Serve.
This was definitely a hit with the family and will be on the table again.
Have you ever had the Japanese Pan Noodles?
Love Copycat recipes? I have some Pasta, Pizza and Soup recipes that I know you’ll love.