Today is the first day of Fall!! One of my favorite things about fall is that I get to cook soup! I love, love, love soup and a huge bonus is my family thinks I’m a pretty good at making it too and will eat it. To celebrate the first day of fall I made a big pot of Chicken and Dumpling soup and I wanted to share with you how quick & easy it is.
There is just something so comforting about Chicken & Dumplings. This recipe can be made several ways and with other ingredients. I used the ingredients I had on hand. You could substitute left over cooked chicken for the chicken breast and it would speed up the whole process. You could also use rotisserie chicken which would also speed up the process. You could add celery and/or peas as well. Adapt this recipe to what your family loves.
- 2 quarts of chicken stock
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 3 carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 onion chopped
- fresh parsley chopped
- 1 can of biscuits
- 1/2 cup of flour
- Put the chicken broth into a stock pot.
- Add your chicken breast, carrots, onions and parsley.
- Bring to a boil.
- Once cooked remove breasts and chop into bite size pieces. Place the chicken back into the pan when done.
- While chicken is cooking, cut your biscuits into fours. Take each piece and roll into a ball and set into the flour and roll the biscuit around.
- When done with that process place each biscuit into the boiling broth and cook with the lid on for 15 min.
- Enjoy the delicious soup.
One my family’s favorite soups is Butternut Squash Sausage Soup. It’s hearty and savory all at the same time.
Another one of our family favorite soups is Loaded Baked Potato Soup.
I love to come home to dinner ready and that can happen when I make a crock pot soup. Check out these
Do you order soup at a restaurant much? If so you might enjoy these 15 Copycat Soup Recipes.