Fourth of July is coming fast so I’m starting my decorating. This weekend our angel nurse Kristen came to visit us and we wanted to do a craft. We did a little searching and ran across these flag mason jars made by Linda at It All Started with Paint. I really liked Linda’s holding silverware but I wanted to use mine for my 4th of July mantel. Here is our take on her jars.
Here’s what you’ll need:
3 mason jars
red, white, blue acrylic paint
flowers- I bought mine from Michael’s
1. Paint your jars. You will paint one blue, and two white. I needed to do two coats to get good coverage.
2. Take your blue jar after it is dry and stamp your stars onto the jar in a random pattern. Adding as many as you like. I made my stamp similar to what Linda did. I took 2 star foam shapes and glued them together. I glued the foam stars to a wine cork which worked great. I made two sizes of stars but found the smaller one worked best.
3. Take your washi tape (you don’t want to use painters tape because it will tear the paint off the jar) and tape off your stripes, creating 3 stripes as shown below. Give each jar a couple coats of red paint.
4. Take a nail file and rough up some spots on the jar to distress the jar.
5. I then took some twine and wrapped it around each jar tying a knot in the front.
6. Take your flowers off the stem and hot glue to the jar. If you want to do it like mine, I glued one flower onto the blue jar and one of the red jars. The second red jar I placed a flower inside the jar.
Here is a side view of the jar to see the placement of the glued flower.
If they are going to be handled a lot you should spray them with a sealer.
I LOVE them! I’m planning out my 4th of July mantel. You will see that soon.
If you want some more 4th of July inspiration, check these posts out.
Quick & Easy 4th of July Centerpiece
Thanks for stopping by. I’d love to have you follow along and subscribe to my RSS Feed or sign up to receive daily Emails delivered to your inbox. You can also follow along via Facebook, Twitter or Google+.
I link up to the following Link Parities:
It’s Overflowing, DIY Showoff, Titi Crafty, The Girl Creative,Interior Frugalista/Under the Table and Dreaming, Skip to my Lou, , Keeping it Simple, Between Naps on the Porch, Thrifty Decor Chick, I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Craft, The Hankful House// Tip Junkie, Sugar Bee Crafts , Not Just a Housewife A Bowlful of Lemons, Coastal Charm, Growing Home Blog, Timewarp Wife, New Nostalgia, Yesterday on Tuesday, The Gunny Sack///Inspiration Exchange, The DIY Dreamer, Gingersnap Crafts , We are that Family, Raising Homemakers , Women Living Well NY Melrose Family, Someday Crafts Family Home and Life, Life with the Crust Off, Crystal & Comp, Live, Laugh, Rowe, Imparting Grace, Saving 4 Six,, Artsy Fartsy Mama, / The Shabby Nest, Chic on a Shoestring, Craft O Maniac, One Project Closer,The Best Recipes Blog, Filled Fridays,TheThirty Sixth Avenue,Six. Link Party Palooza// Sister’s Stuff, Bowdabra Blog, Cheerios and Lattes, Funky Junk Interiors, Be Different, Act Normal, Too Much Time On My Hands, Made From Pinterest
Thanks for stopping by. I’d love to have you follow along and subscribe to my RSS Feed or sign up to receive daily Emails delivered to your inbox . You can also follow along via Facebook.
(Visited 1,416 times, 1 visits today)