Like I said before I LOVE starting afresh and with the New Year quickly approaching I wanted to share with you 5 Benefits to Writing Down Your Goals to help you start the year with a bang.
The benefits of writing your goals down are:
- It forces you to clearly define what your goals are. When you write your goals down it becomes concrete and real to you. It forces you to be specific and decide what you want.
- It frees up room in your mind to think on the important things. You can’t hold that many thoughts in your head at once. By writing down your goals you don’t have to use your mind for remembering, you can instead use it to think more clearly.
- It keeps your goals in sight where you can see them regularly. Regularly reading your written goals gives you constant reminders throughout the day. Make it a point to read them every day.
- Helps you choose your priorities. When you write your goals down it helps you prioritize your time. You can look at what is vying for your attention and see if it will help you accomplish your goals. If it doesn’t then maybe you shouldn’t be doing it.
- People who write down their goals are more successful than those who don’t. Research shows that those who write down their goals achieve them and are more successful than those who don’t. In the book, “What they don’t teach you at Harvard Business School”, Mark McCormick shares a study following Harvard’s MBA Program graduates in the class of 1979. The study shows that 84% of the class had no goals, 13% had goals but did not write them down, and only 3% had written goals. 10 years later, the class was interviewed again. The 13% who had un-written goals were, on average, earning twice as much as the 84% who had no goals. However, even more, powerful is this statistic about the 3%: The 3% who wrote down their goals were earning, on average, 10 times as much as the other 97% of the class. Those are pretty big numbers!
So because I want to succeed and I want you to succeed I am sharing a printable to help us write our goals down on paper. We want all of the above benefits to occur in our lives, don’t we?
You can download the goal sheet here.
I have a Monthly Goal sheet to use as well. You can download that sheet here.
You can download these free planner printables as well as free blog planner printables.
I’d love to have you follow along. You can subscribe to my RSS Feed or sign up to receive daily Emails delivered to your inbox. You can also follow along via Facebook, Google + or Twitter.
(Visited 3,940 times, 1 visits today)
Leave Your Comments