I am up early this Saturday morning. The house is quiet. I’m drinking my coffee and reading my Bible. I’m doing a study on Psalms 119 and today’s passage is Psalms 119:105-108. “Your word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.” Today as I’m reading, I’m struggling. I’m in a mood. I really want to grasp something from His word today and not just read it, to say I read it. I’m feeling stuck. I’m feeling stagnant. Ever been there?
Verse 105 says that His word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path so maybe I need to look at the path I’m walking on right now. What are the thoughts I’ve been thinking?
- How I feel I’m stuck.
- How I’m in a rut with my blog.
- How my house is a hole and I can’t keep it up.
- How I’m panicking that summer is almost over and I don’t feel like I’ve gotten to enjoy much of it.
I could go on but I won’t bore you. You might be feeling a few of the same things.
I decide to go to God’s word to see what He says to me. Here are just a few of the things He reminded me of:
- My God will supply every need of mine according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. Phil. 4:19
- I am confident that God will complete the good work He started in me. Phil. 1:6
- I am free from condemnation. Rom. 8:1
- I may approach God with freedom and confidence. Eph. 3:12
- I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13
These words are the truth. They are the light on the path that feels so dark. I want to receive them. I first need to go and break the agreements that I’ve made. I need to confess my wrong thinking. Then I need to accept and welcome the truth in my life and be grateful for all the wonderful things I do have in my life.
The truth is:
I’m not stuck because God will complete the good work he started in me.
I may approach the throne of God with freedom and confidence to help me with each of these things that discourages me.
I am free from condemnation, especially the condemnation I’m putting on myself.
I can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me, but I have to ask Him to do that.
He gives me EVERYTHING I need! I do not have to journey on this path alone.
What do you do when you are discouraged?