I don’t know about you but nothing says summer to me than enjoying a mouthwatering Caprese salad! I just love the flavors. We recently were making some homemade pizzas and I was in the mood for something different and I thought I’d try my hand at a Caprese pizza.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Pre-made thin pizza crust
- Mozzarella cheese
- Handful of basil leaves
- 3 or 4 Roma tomatoes, depending on size
- 1/2 stick of butter, melted
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- Balsamic vinegar
- Melt your butter and add garlic cloves. Stir well and brush the mixture onto the crust.
- Place basil leaves onto the crust.
- Next add your sliced tomatoes and cheese slices.
- Add some cracked pepper.
Bake in a 425 degree oven @ 15 min. until the cheese is melted. Drizzle balsamic vinegar over the top of the pizza. Slice and enjoy. It’s soooo yummy as well as quick and easy too.
Like I said I LOVE the flavors of a Caprese Salad and if you do as well, you will like the following posts:
Oh man! I’m starving now. I think I’ll have some pizza for lunch!